Monday, June 12, 2006

Troy Green for State House

I am Troy Green, and I am seeking the State House of Representatives seat in District 53. I want my kids and grandkids, as well as others' kids to be able to live in Oklahoma where they can have well paying jobs, great schools, excellent healthcare, and every oppurtunity to succeed.

For too long, the working class people of this state have had to take a backseat to the special interest groups and political power brokers with plenty of money. Each citizen of this state deserves the same attention and representation, whether he or she is a CEO or a minimum wage earner. We can make better strides in the field of Education. Oklahoma is 47th in education funding overall, and our teachers are 50th in their salaries. There are many excellent private and faith based schools in our state, but those schools are not required to transport, feed, provide special education, take non-English speaking students, or provide services for the foster children of this state.

Many cuts have been made in insurance and Medicaid funding in the recent past. Without funding, parents are unable to seek medical attention for their children. We must address this issue for our citizens. Who will choose which folks will be sent out onto the streets?

As Democrats, we are concerned about people - all people. Their education, health care, and life oppurtunities are important to us. This ability to care about others defines us as a party. Bob Hope was quoted as saying, "If you haven't any chatrity in your heart, you have the worst kind of trouble." I am glad to be a member of the Party without heart trouble.

I pledge to you that I will not compromise my priciples, honesty, or integrity in order to win an election. I will not say or do anything because it is "just politics." My theme is: It's all about the kids. It's all about the seniors.

It's all about the people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home